Thursday, February 19, 2009

Taking over the world, one campus at a time.

I haven't posted in forever.

Since taking on my role in Panhell, I've just been busy. To top that off, our International contacted us and extended invitations to a few of us to help colonize a new chapter of The House at this college about 4 hours away by car. Our International has been in a big push lately for colonizing more chapters at different schools. I've been spending my weekends down there with Internationals, alumni, and The Social Chair (who I'm going to refer to as The Pageant Princess since she's no longer social chair and she used to be heavily into beauty pageants.) since she's VP Membership for our Panhell. We've been doing some planning and brought some of our best and cutest recruiters and ran a spring rush there.

It was kind of annoying since it was like running an over the top spring rush since we had to compete with existing chapters. But we got a class of about 50 girls and they're into their pledge period and what not. A bunch of us have been doing work getting them ready and our chapter as well as a few others in the region have taken up the role of being big sisters and whatnot and inviting them to our events. We had our invitational last week and a bunch of them came to that. Granted, since they're still colonizing, they have to complete a bunch of tasks... but the bulk of my work on the advisory board is over and I can get on with life again.

Other updates... things are going somewhat rockily with The Guitar Hero. He was mad that I wasn't around for Valentine's Day since I was helping at our colonizing chapter dealing with stuff. He's also not too happy since The Flirt and I are lab partners in a class we have together. The Flirt, on the other hand, has been taking every opportunity to cause problems and be a romantic moron. He bought me not one, but several, singing Valentine grams from The Male A Capella Group with a Punny Name, which stalked me for most of the week before Valentine's Day. He also wrote me stupid little poems every single day that week... gems like:


Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Let's get in bed,
For a good screw.


and

Remember the dude from Nantucket,
Whose dick was so long he would suck it?
He's got nothing on me,
I'm stiffer than a tree,
So come over and let me fuck it.


Honestly what kind of guy spends his time making dirty limericks? Although I do know one of The Charter House's pledge nights involves drinking and making up dirty lyrics to songs so they probably have decent practice.

Anyway, time to get some breakfast and head to class. It's been taking me twice as long to get to class lately because of the shitty weather. The weather forecast on the news likes to make it sound much cuter than it really is by calling it "wintry showers" when really it's sleet so it's like raining but raining white icee. And it splatters and is freezing and melts on everything.

No comments: