Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's amazing what Panhellenic life does to you.

So busy I haven't posted in what... 6 months? There's now snow on the ground and things are winding down for Christmas so I finally have time to not give a shit about sorority life... which is such a hilarious statement because at the end of the day what am I doing? Sorority shit.

The biggest piece of drama this semester was a Big and Little pair that ended up being the finalists for The Hilltop House's Dream Girl. Now that is what I call fierce competition. That shit is serious... some girls would say that's just about as bad as a Big and Little pair fighting over the same guy. In any case, a lot of The House was divided over who to support. It was one of the younger Big and Little pairs, so I didn't really care to have a stake in it. Personally I stopped caring ever since I cut myself from the running for frat dream girls/sweethearts since it would have been bad form considering I've been dating The Resident fairly seriously. I even consented to being pinned and that was a little dramatic episode all on its own.

It was somewhat awkward since The Resident is an alum from The Charter House at a different chapter but they held it at our school's chapter... meaning that The Flirt had to be part of the ceremony as its current president. It was a cute ceremony... some of The Resident's pledge bros came and some other old alums did too... meaning that I got serenaded by a choir of guys from ages 18 to 80. It got interesting when some of the old Charter House alums were hitting on me to hassle The Resident.

I have to get some Christmas shopping done today seeing as this is our first Christmas together and I feel like he's already upped the ante with talk about dinner at the fanciest French place in town. Lucky he's independently wealthy since residency pay sucks.

Some girls still have a few finals left before they can jet home... fortunately, I always plan my classes so my finals are done early.

No comments: