Thursday, June 4, 2009

Frat boys never plan for anything except...

Bago Trips.

The Pageant Princess and I were discussing the flurry of emails we've gotten in the last few days about the football season Winnebago trips the frats are all starting to plan. They're all trying to one up each other to get us to go. We've gotten personalized emails from various frat social chairs and promises of kegs, grills, and our own beds. We're def A-listers. They want us to be on their decks for home games and in their bagos for road trips. Not to mention it's great PR for The House. We always get lots of bago trip invites among other trips. I imagine there will be a bunch of ski/board trips we'll go on this year too. The frats are all trying to outdo each other with cool weekend trips and such.

And aside from house PR, it's kind of important to be on these bago trips since lots of frats start recruiting for their dream girls/sweethearts/etc. on these things and it's all about getting the largest number of bros to like you the most. I just as good as had that title for The Mansion, but that's not happening since I broke up with The Guitar Hero. Bros before hos, right? They're all pretty much not speaking to me right now, but from what I hear through sisters from The House, none of them dislike me... they're just acting like it out of respect for The Guitar Hero. Which means I'll need to find some houses to focus on if I want to be a Dream Girl/Sweetheart/etc. Probably means I should start working on my kegstands. I used to be able to kegstand on my own without support (thank you, 10 years of gymnastics/dance) but I bet I can't do that now. I need to get back into shape.

In other news, now that I'm on Panhellenic, I'm now not allowed to recruit during Fall Rush. Also, The Pageant Princess is out too since she's on Panhell as well. This would normally worry the fuck out of me because we have a lot of influence, but I'm fairly positive The Sorority Prodigy will step up.

Honestly Panhell needs to get their heads out of their asses. Every sorority dirty rushes. It's just the way the system works. Also, making us move out of our houses and into a hotel does not make it any less obvious what house we're in. I hate this goddamn system. Why can't we just be like frats and COB our pledges. Although I will say this... at our regional conference, we heard that some schools' panhells guarantee bids to ALL rushees... FUCK THAT SHIT. I mean at least at ours we have a decent pool of rushees... The Tinkerballerina was telling me about this time when she went to The Dancers' International conference and apparently some schools definitely have suckier pools to choose from. Another chapter of The Dancers had some shit where like girls would rush and pledge but drop like flies throughout pledging when they decided it wasn't for them. That absolutely sucks 'cause then your numbers drop like hell and I bet International would be riding your ass.

They say to be thankful for what you have. I'm thankful our Panhell doesn't guarantee bids.

No comments: