Friday, February 8, 2008

What happens when you mix class with bitter girls who didn't get bids...

Bitter girls who go through rush like to spread rumors about sororities they didn’t get into. I wore my sweatshirt with The House letters on it to class yesterday and The Overeager Girl With Bruises on Her Arms during Rush started immediately attacking me so people around me could hear. She told me she’s glad she didn’t get a bid to The House because apparently, being in a sorority is like buying your friends.

Yes, we pay dues to be in a sorority... just like you do for your Emo Poetry Readers Club. We pay dues for social and philanthropy events... what do you pay for again? Oh that's right, razors. For slicing yourself and writing your poems in blood to “fully realize the capacity of human emotion and real pain."

Oh and apparently because we have 100 plus women living in the same house, we just have to be lesbians and prostitutes. What. The Hell. Even the prostitute one makes some sense, following obsolete city laws or whatever. But lesbians!? Does that mean that if you live in an apartment with three other girls that you’re all lesbians? How does the number change that? That doesn’t make any sense and is full of bitterness. And homophobia. Honestly. And even if there were lesbians in The House… so what? As long as they’re not awkward and don’t try to make out with me against my will, I don’t have a problem with that. Look at Portia de Rossi… she’s hot and would make a great sorority girl. Ellen… cute and funny and likes puppies… also great sorority girl potential.

I’m so irritated that she’s in my class. It’s going to be a long semester.

No comments: