Sunday, October 19, 2008

Making the World a Better Place

So I am now participating in The Mansion's philanthropy event to compensate for The Nana's crazy behavior and insinuations of The Guitar Hero's lack of virility.

The catch here is that their philanthropy event is a date auction. I guess it's not all bad... a chance to prove that I'm worth oodles of money. And yes. I am that confident that I will generate an obscene amount of money because I'm hot and I have the statistics to back me up. Not to mention the convenience of knowing that The Guitar Hero will likely end up in a bidding war with The Flirt since The Flirt has been on a mission to regain some of his dignity since we stole The Charter House's Charter.

This should be pretty entertaining and I suppose I should keep in mind that it IS benefiting Research and The Search for a Cure for Some Potentially Life Threatening And/Or Quality of Life Decreasing Disease.

The great part of having Greek family members is that they're all ambivalent about my participation in said date auction. The Mother is both amused and disapproving because she knows that sorority girls participate in such philanthropy events yet does not like the idea of her daughter being auctioned off to the highest bidder. The Father is significantly less amused because I'm his precious little girl, but he is grudgingly accepting that it is for a good cause and isn't in any form as bad as the wet t-shirt contest philanthropy event that The Cousin Who Likes to Push Boundaries participated in last year. Despite the fact that her school is in The South and thus extremely Greek, I'm shocked that any advisor would approve a philanthropy event like THAT. After all it's just one very thin layer of basically see-through white fabric, which doesn't leave much (if any) up to the imagination. I think The Cousin Who Likes to Push Boundaries does it for the shock factor. She likes to prove to people that she doesn't fit into a certain mold or conception that they might have of her.

The Older Brother (we're on speaking terms again... The Mother convinced him to call after The Nana incident) is supportive because his fraternity conducted a similar date auction a few years ago. He said to let The Guitar Hero know that he was willing to add $500 to The Guitar Hero's bid to help him win me if a bidding war ensued past The Guitar Hero's financial resources. That was generous. I don't understand The Older Brother's sudden change in attitude... something must be going on that I don't know about. Maybe The Parents did threaten to cut him out of the trust fund unless he talked to me.

On the note of date auctions... I don't understand why girls who clearly don't stand a chance sign up. It's one thing if you have a boyfriend who will most assuredly bid on you (if he knows what's good for him...) but it's entirely another if you are single and known as The Row Bitch. She's from Tinkerballerina's house, The Dancers. She's really not cute or hot enough for her to be that bitchy either. And most frat boys steer clear of her because there are some interesting stories involving her spreading rumors of impotence and/or general incompetence and no guy wants the girls to think that they're sloppy in bed. Talk about cockblock.

Haha The Sorority Prodigy tried to sign up for the date auction too but The Guitar Hero flat out said no and ripped up her form! Oh how protective big brothers are...

No comments: