Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Old memories and a few new ones for the drama collection

So I flew out to The Older Brother's school a few days ahead of The Parents and The Relatives to spend some time hanging out. I'm staying with him at his frat so it's been pretty chill and whatnot. He lucked out and finished his finals ages ago so he's just waiting around to graduate. Most of his bros are done too so they ended up throwing a kegger for the seniors. It was... interesting... to say the least. It's been a long night.

Let's start off with the fact that the nickname "Jailbait" is still following me around. Although now The Older Brother has loosened up considerably about the whole incident. I imagine that he would still attempt to beat the shit out of any of his bros though, were they to hook up with moi. But, perhaps "Jailbait" is a blessing in disguise... it certainly isn't as bad as the nicknames the boys have given each other. For example... we have Sweetcheeks (you can be assured that most certainly doesn't refer to face cheeks, I heard the story), Dojo, and Shrek. Yes, that's right... Shrek. Apparently they're very well versed in their Disney/Pixar references, even though Shrek doesn't resemble the actual Shrek at all, in looks or mannerisms.

There were a couple of other girls at the kegger, although The Older Brother's Girlfriend was not in attendance (thank you Lord). She had a paper or something to finish. Also at the kegger was the frat bro that I made out with a few years ago. I recall having a few nights of great conversation prior to the actual makeout sesh... but I hadn't seen him in a while since I missed him the last time I came out to visit. We are sort of on an ongoing facebook messaging/wall-posting correspondence... but I learned a couple of things from The Older Brother about the guy's pedigree this weekend... apparently he's grandson to a decently well-known wine-maker and winery founder. The Older Brother claimed that he wanted to protect me from the wiles of the rich and those who "sit higher than we do socially and financially." I'm still trying to figure out whether he was serious about that or not... he could just be coming up with a bullshitty excuse. I don't think he seriously considers certain socioeconomy classes to be off limits... after all, our family is wealthy in our own right. But in any case... the following conversation ensued between The Wine Heir and me:

The Wine Heir: Jailbait! Glad to see you finally here and not avoiding me for once.
Me: You really think it's necessary to call me by that... considering I no longer qualify as jailbait?
The Wine Heir: Hey, memories of good times right?
Me: You really think you gave me that good of a time?
The Wine Heir: Ouch, just shove the knife right in why don't you?
Me: That's just the way I roll.
The Wine Heir: Up for a drink?
Me: Of what?
The Wine Heir: Well I was thinking about cracking open a bottle of Chardonnay that I have chilling in my room.
Me: Isn't this supposed to be a kegger... which equals beer last time I checked?
The Wine Heir: Yeah, but come on... for old times' sake.
Me: Ha=ha. Just because I got incredibly pukingly sick from sharing several bottles of red wine with you that night doesn't mean I need a repeat.
The Wine Heir: I said a bottle... not a case of them haha.
Me: Ha, well, wouldn't want The Older Brother to beat the living daylights out of you again now would we?
The Wine Heir: Oh he doesn't really care, he told me so later he was doing it to keep appearances up at the time.
Me: Right well, I could use a break from kegstands.

Splitting a bottle of Chardonnay? Right. We ended up spending the entire night sitting on the roof with said bottle of Chardonnay, along with several other liquors as the night wore on and then went out for late night food. Nothing happened, in case any of you cynics out there were cheering for the sorority girl to be a dirty cheating whore... but there was serious implication on his part. Don't take it the wrong way, he didn't make any outward moves, but come on... wine for two on a rooftop when there's a perfectly good kegger going on? Please don't tell me The Socially Awkwards are reading this and think that that is perfectly platonic, 'cuz let me tell you with the straight ones, it never is.

To be sure, I'm not about to go running to The Guitar Hero to relay the events of this evening beyond the kegger. I don't need jealousy cropping up. Although, I don't know. There is something tantalizingly sweet about The Wine Heir. Then again, it's not like I know him very well and as the old cliche goes, the grass is always greener on the other side. Who knows? He could be an idiot or a total frat boy ladies man, which is not what I need right now.

Of course this morning, The Older Brother accosted me and it wasn't pretty...

The Older Brother: So, you disappeared pretty early on last night?
Me: You were sober enough to notice?
The Older Brother: I don't get drunk at these things. You know that.
Me: Yeah, I went up to the roof to get some air.
The Older Brother: For three hours? With The Wine Heir?
Me: Yeah, so what? We split a bottle of Chardonnay and hung out. Not like anything happened.
The Older Brother: Don't pretend to be so innocent about it or think that I don't know what's going on. He's got a thing for you and you know it.
Me: Alright. So what then?
The Older Brother: He's out of your league and oh yeah, last time I checked you had a boyfriend. Don't be a skanky sorority bitch.
Me: Excuse me! I didn't do anything wrong. We hung out and talked about random shit that didn't lead to anything beyond more talking. What the hell's your problem and why are you so caught up on the whole "he's out of my league" shit?
The Older Brother: Because he's rich and he can have any girl he wants, including a line of golddiggers that won't hesitate to take you down in the society papers.
Me: Why the hell does that matter to you?! You know I'm dating someone right now who is also rich and from old money whose mother is a fucking member of the fucking DAR. Why doesn't THAT bother you?
The Older Brother: That's different. No one knows his family outside of that circle of people. Everyone knows The Wine Heir's family. Don't push it.
Me: You still haven't fucking explained why that bothers you. I have a right to know since you're being a little insane about it when there's not even anything going on between him and me.
The Older Brother: Just fucking leave it alone.

Aaaand that's where the conversation ended. I promptly took all my stuff and checked into a hotel. I don't need The Older Brother giving me some crap about dating within my class... which is an argument that doesn't even hold anyway, given The Guitar Hero's family tree.

This is going to be an interesting next couple of days...

No comments: