Monday, June 2, 2008

BBQs and Drinking Games

It's surreal to me that Twin B will be getting married and moving in with The Generic Biotech Firm Guy within the year. But still, today was an interesting prelude to their married life. Apparently this house he bought was originally foreclosed and went to auction, so he got it for a steal... like less than one third the house's original value. What a steal!

It got kind of sickeningly sororitay once more girls started showing up and we decided it would be cute to take pics in front of various locations around the house... the infinity pool, Twin B's custom built walk in closets for all of her shoes, by the gazebo... I'm looking forward to not having to sorority squat in a big pack of girls for the next few weeks. My knees could use the rest. Not to mention it'll probably take that long just to stop seeing the ghosts of camera flashes...

But seriously, those closets are magnificent and glorious and every girl should have that much space.

I do have to say that I was complimented on my outfit, so I guess weaving around the fat fats was worth it despite all the agony I experienced.

The Guitar Hero, The MBA Guy, and The Generic Biotech Firm Guy were pretty much the grillmeisters and since they're all either past or present frat boys, the burgers were pretty decent. The girls all splashed in the pool and played a little volleyball while the boys were grilling. I wonder if Twin A is jealous at all... considering The MBA Guy doesn't have real work yet. I think they're even holding off on the wedding until he can find work and an apartment.

We decided to revive some good old drinking games and managed to all get pretty trashed playing quarters and beirut. Which led to playing chicken in the pool with those foam floaty things. That was interesting since both sides were equally uncoordinated after the drinks.

And then of course while we were drunk, Twin B AND Generic Biotech Firm Guy accosted both of us and somehow shanghaied us into being a bridesmaid and groomsman... which I suppose will be fun, but it's like involvement in a friend's wedding about 4 years too soon for my biological clock.

The Guitar Hero and I ended up spending the night since neither of us was up for driving back to The Mansion. But when we finally did get back, the Facebook event was already up with the date. Seriously, Twin B is a sorority girl through and through.

No comments: