Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Days and Impromptu S'mores!!

We got a snow day today because of the "wintry storms" (again... misleading since that sounds all happy and cheerful and really it's like a blizzard outside).

I got up and saw the email so I went back to bed for a few hours. No point in getting up early if there's no class.

Other than that.. nothing much has gone down. It's been a quiet weekend since people were too cold to go out. I saw Men's Cross Country run by earlier today... I would hate to train in the snow. I spent most of the weekend cocooned at The Mansion with The Guitar Hero which kept him pretty happy.

The Pageant Princess and I convinced The Houseboy to light a fire in the fireplace and we made s'mores with hot chocolate. SO good. I love having a houseboy to do random things like that. And kill spiders. It's super convenient and I imagine it gives girls practice for when they're rich trophy wives and have cabana boys to order around. I pity the houses who don't have houseboys to do shit for them. Of course, every year, our new pledges always attempt to flirt with our houseboy which doesn't end up working out since he's not allowed to date any of us anyway as part of his contract. He lives in the houseboy quarters downstairs which are pretty swank for college digs. He has a tv with cable and our House Mom just got a Xbox for the room so he's been enjoying that perk. He gets a small weekly cash stipend but that's just a bonus really since he gets free room and board. I love hanging out with The Houseboy though, he's totally cool and pretty awesome about giving random advice. He likes me more than most probably also because he and The Guitar Hero are like high school friends. We talk a lot about random stuff and we end up studying together since we have a class together.

Anyway, I should probably get around to doing actual homework...

No comments: