Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Today was such a nice day until...

Miss Socially Awkward accosted me while I was laying out by The Greek Fields. I hate that awkward bitch. It's one thing if you've got a great personality but need a little help in looking more polished, it's another when you're inept at holding a conversation, bitchy, and look like birds are going to be nesting in your hair.

Her biological sister is going through rush this fall and Miss Socially Awkward has been campaigning for us not to let her in. Flat out just deny her. Which is screwed up on so many levels. First of all, her real little sister is completely personable and has great taste to top it off. She is good friends with that thing we like to call the hairbrush. And likes to take regular showers. Let's just say I haven't seen Miss Socially Awkward shower in the last four days and she sure smells like she hasn't. Honestly, spritz on some perfume or SOMETHING. I'm tempted to give her my bottle of Febreeze.

As far as I know, everyone who's met Miss Socially Awkward's little sister loves her and is dying for her to be in The House.

And Miss Socially Awkward had the fucking nerve to come annoy me today when I just wanted some peace and quiet and nice scenery while some boys from The Charter House were playing soccer shirtless. I may not be The President or VP Recruitment, but I have a lot of clout within The House. I sit on The Rush Board and am a silent adviser to a lot of members. People don't argue with me.

She wanted me to immediately take her sister off the list of formal invitation recipients for Rush. We haven't even formulated these lists yet of women we want to formally invite to rush The House. You've got to be amazing to get on this list. I was number one on the list my rush year and I happen to take great pride in that so I do not take the planning of these lists lightly. Her sister would be a great candidate to be number one on the list. She will be known as The Number One because I for sure want her and what I say more or less goes.

I told Miss Socially Awkward that it was not going to be possible to reject her sister before she even met anyone in The House and she started fuming at me and saying how The Number One has tormented her for her entire life and how she's just rushing to get back at her for some childish grudge she doesn't remember.

Miss Socially Awkward then started yelling at me and telling me how this is war and how I may have won the battle but she was going to win the war. And of course she did this stupidly at The Greek Fields so half The Row probably heard us.

And how the hell is she going to sabotage me? Me personally? The Rush Lists? Her own sister? We'll see about that... I have to do a little reconnaissance and see what she has planned. She's awkward yes, and hasn't made it to Ariel's level of human knowledge that even a fork can be used to make hair look nice... but she isn't stupid. I'll grant her that. Or at least not stupid about school and planning. I'll need to get people to watch out for me. If she wants a war, then she will get a war.

No comments: